Get a Library Card
How to Get a Library Card
Present your driver's license or another form of identification with your mailing address on it when you register in person at the Hazen Memorial Library for a library card.
An application form will be given to you to fill out.
If you are under 14 years of age, a parent's signature is required on your application card.
What are acceptable forms of identification?
The Library accepts the following current and signed identification:
- Massachusetts State or out-of-state drivers license
- United States passport
- Foreign passport
- Alien Registration Card
- Military or Merchant Marine Identification
- Employee identification card or badge
- Bank or credit card
- School identification card
Who may use the library?
Anyone may use materials inside the library and may use the library's reference services no matter where they live.
Who may borrow from the library?
Any existing borrower in good standing, or any new borrower covered by the following circumstances may borrow books or other materials from the library:
- Any resident of a Massachusetts town which has a certified library has free borrowing privileges at our library.
- Residents of other states may borrow for free.
- New borrowers are limited to three items each for the first time they borrow.
- There is no age limit to obtain a library card. Children under the age of 14 must have a parent or guardian's signature on their application card.