Computer & Internet Use Policy
The library is happy to provide our customers with free in-library access to the Internet, via public computer terminals, and through a wireless network accessible from your own wireless laptop. The library encourages customers to use the Internet as an information seeking tool.
Who can use the Computers and/or Internet?
Any adult or child who has a library card may sign up to use the Internet/computer. Computer usage may be limited during periods of high demand.
You do not need to sign up or enter a password in order to use the wireless network.
How to Use the Internet at HML
Excessive use of paper is discouraged. The library charges 15¢ per page for printing.
The printer is shared with other users. Please be considerate of others and patient with the hardware; your print job may not appear immediately if someone else has sent a large print job to the printer. Printing is not available from the wireless network at this time.
Legal and Ethical Use
The computers at the Hazen Library can only be used for legal purposes by the public and the staff.
Examples of illegal behavior include, but are not limited to:
- Harassment of other users
- Destruction of or damage to equipment or software
- Disruption or unauthorized monitoring of electronic communication
- Unauthorized copying of copyright-protected material
- Violation of computer system security
- Unauthorized use of computer accounts, network identification or access codes or numbers.
- Violations of software license agreements
- Violations of network usage policies
- Violations of another's privacy
- Take advantage of this free service, but remember:
- When viewing the Internet in a public place, use discretion and avoid sensitive sites.
- The staff of the Hazen Memorial Library has no control over the information available through the Internet, nor does the Library have complete knowledge of what is on the Internet.
- Information obtained from the Internet may be reliable and current, or, it may be inaccurate, out-of-date, and at times, unavailable.
- The Hazen Memorial Library cannot be held responsible for the content of the Internet. As with other library materials, a child's access to the Internet is the responsibility of the child's parent or legal guardian.
- This Internet service is intended for independent use. At this time the library is unable to provide staff to instruct individual Internet users.
The library reserves the right to discontinue the use of the Internet by any customer.